Early Years Practitioner Apprentice KIDDIES LOUNGE PRESCHOOL DAY NURSERY LIMITED
Training to work in all areas of the nursery with different age groups of children. Gaining a full understanding of the EYFS, to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery.
Closing date: 23 Mar 2023
Adhering to different shift patterns at the nursery based on an average day of 8 hours working time. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
27 Mar 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The ideal candidate will be flexible, hardworking and willing to learn, with great communication skills, and the ability to work as part of the team as well as using your initiative.
Your role will include:
- Being a key worker for individual children.
- Planning activities according to the EYFS.
- Being responsible for caring for babies and children.
- Working with the nursery manager, parents and other team members.
- Preparing snacks for the children.
- To attend to their personal care needs throughout the day. ensuring that the child is respected and safe at all times.
- Feeding the children and attending to the sleep and rest needs throughout the day.
- Helping with supervising children during activities and play.
- Helping with setting up equipment and areas for activities, making sure everything is safe and suitable for the children.
- Being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, staff and parents alongside other staff.
- Reporting to the room leader and managers of the nursery.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification.
- Level 1 Functional skills ( if required) and progression to Level 2 functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To gain the level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification and progress to the level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Functional Skills English and Maths (Grade Level 1) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
KIDDIES LOUNGE PRESCHOOL DAY NURSERY LIMITED
WALTHAM FOREST CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TRAINING TRUST LIMITED
0208 518 1344
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.