Hair Professional (Hairdressing) Apprenticeship PAMPERS LIMITED
Pampers is recruiting for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their successful team based in Cheadle. Apprentices will receive training in all aspects of hairdressing to become fully qualified stylists in a vibrant, exciting, and successful salon.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
As of April 2023, the new minimum rate for apprentice wage is £5.28 an hour.
One 7-hour day in college, with 2 days off (the role includes weekend work). Days and times to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities within the salon include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying etc.
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role. This will become more complex as your skills develop.
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy.
- Offering clients refreshments.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will train with Michaeljohn Training School, a multi-award-winning training provider with over 40 years of experience in the hairdressing and barbering industry. Our team of dedicated educators are highly skilled hair professionals who continue to work in some of the industry’s most reputable salons. You will achieve Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professional (Hairdressing) and Functional skills in Maths and English (if needed).
Our academy – with 4 floors of salons and learning zones – is the ideal environment to learn hairdressing and barbering; you will attend one day per week on day release from your employer. We only work on live models for training and assessments purposes, giving you real life salon experience.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing, earning (on average) salaries of £25,000+ once qualified.
- Potential of securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification.
- Opportunities to become your own boss, work mobile, work abroad, work on model runways and cruise ships – the opportunities are endless!
- Progression to a Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional or Level 2 Barbering Standard.
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 9-1) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
37 CHURCH ROAD
Michael John Training Manchester
Michaeljohn Training School
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.