Cattery Assistant Apprenticeship Latimer Cattery
During your apprenticeship, you will learn aspects of cat care including feeding, administering medication, the importance of simple grooming, eye and ear care & how to look after timid cats. You will learn the logistics of running the cattery, keeping records, and the importance of keeping to the Defra Guidance & Regulations for Boarding Catteries.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
6 monthly reviews.
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 15:00. There will also be occasional relief shifts.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Greeting and feeding cats, and administering medication if required
- Monitoring cat’s behaviour, health, food and water intake, welfare, etc
- Cleaning pens following rules and regulations. This includes scooping litter trays, cleaning bedrooms, cleaning floor and all surfaces, changing food and water bowls
- Providing the cats with lots of fuss and attention, including providing enrichment and playing!
- Assisting with bookwork and the technical side of the cattery as well as the practical
- Maintaining high standards down the cattery
- Grooming and handling cats in a safely manner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Certificate in Animal Care & Welfare
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- If the candidate develops and shows passion for cats, adaptability, and a willingness to further develop, we may be looking at the possibility of the Cattery Manager
- Also passing this apprenticeship would give you the skills to train as a veterinary nurse or similar
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
5 NORTH AVENUE
THE COLLEGE OF ANIMAL WELFARE LIMITED
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.