Apprentice Warehouse and Storage Operative GRANT-HAZE LTD
We are seeking industrious candidates, keen to learn. Based in the warehouse, you will be involved with every aspect of a busy warehouse- from confirming the contents of delivery documentation to stacking goods and replenishment.
Closing date: 06 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm (40-hour week)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
05 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We need a team player who is willing to learn and is happy to be involved in all aspects of running a busy warehouse.
- You will be processing goods in and out of the warehouse.
- You will be involved with every aspect of a busy warehouse, from confirming the contents of delivery documentation to packing goods, stacking goods and replenishment.
- Processing goods in and out of the warehouse.
- Using equipment to move stock, you will be trained in the safe operational use of these.
- Measuring and labelling goods and pallets.
- Checking documentation for ‘goods in’ and ‘goods out’.
- On-site training in all aspect of warehouse duties.
- Maintain a tidy, working warehouse in order to ensure the safety of staff and customers.
- Ensure customer orders are picked accurately and efficiently and to ensure adequate levels of quality merchandise are held in stock at all times.
- Ensure the use of correct documentation when booking goods in and out of the warehouse.
- Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained within the warehouse area.
- Assisting drivers.
- Basic computer operation (Parcel Force, order picking, labels, etc.).
- Opportunity to spend some time out with drivers so that you see the whole process from beginning to end, gaining a good insight into the organisation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full training will be given leading to a recognised Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard Qualification.
Off-the-job training will be supported by our Training Provider – Davidson Training UK Ltd.
You will also complete the Functional Skills in maths and English up to and including Level 2 (if you already do not hold the equivalent).
Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A possible full time permanent position with Grant Haze if you are successful with your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 1-9 (A*-G)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE OLD WEST BARN
DAVIDSON TRAINING UK LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.