Manufacturing Apprentice OES GROUP LTD
Due to new contract award and a company investment strategy an exciting opportunity has become available for a manufacturing apprentice. The successful candidate will have full support from the experienced manufacturing team for all activities.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm Friday 8.30am - 3.45pm
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Due to new contract award and a company investment strategy an exciting opportunity has become available for a manufacturing apprentice.
The successful candidate will have full support from the experienced manufacturing team for all activities. The manufacturing apprentice will learn and eventually become responsible for the following company activities:
- Assembly & preparation of goods
- Metal working such as cutting, punching cranking etc
- Operating production machinery as required.
- Quality Assurance & testing check
- Packing & labelling finished goods in preparation for shipment
- Maintaining inventory of good & raw materials in the workshop
- Maintaining safe work areas & equipment
- Assist in lifting, carrying & moving of loads
- Communicate effectively with co-workers to ensure efficient production & deadlines are met
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing apprenticeship standard, with EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing.
- You will be based in OES Group 7 days per week, but in college once per month for the first 6 months of your apprenticeship.
- If you do not have exemptions in Maths and English, you will need to sit level 1 functional skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a great opportunity for growth and development in the company as well as the opportunity to work offsite in the future to support the companies Offshore Wind Projects.
As well as the salary all employees are eligible to the company’s profit share scheme at an equal share.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 or above) Desired
About the employer
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.