Level 2 Intermediate Pharmacy Apprentice D P FORREST LTD
A fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in science and an ability to learn quickly, to develop an exciting career in pharmacy. You will be taking in and handing out prescriptions, ordering items for use within a department, plus much more, detailed below.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Specific days and shifts are to be confirmed with the Pharmacy, upon interview. Flexibility will be required.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, either in a pharmacy or in a ward and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship standard:
- Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only)
- Full time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with off the-job training
- The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned, can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A successful apprenticeship will possibly lead to a full-time permanent contract
- L3 progressions (Pharmacy Technician) are also available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
D P FORREST LTD
145 HAMSTEAD ROAD
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.