Apprentice Brake Press Setter / Operator UNITECH ENGINEERING LTD
This role is responsible for operating a variety of brake press machines including Amada and Edwards Pearson. Duties will include adjusting and loading tools to perform correct folds and bends to produce a variety of aluminium and stainless-steel components, reading engineering drawings, and maintaining equipment.
Closing date: 06 Apr 2023
Please note the above wage is the starting minimum. The company are paying the NMW for age of candidate.
7.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday, 7.00am to 1.00pm Friday
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Operating a variety of brake press machines, including Amada and Edwards Pearson
- Adjust and load tools as required to perform correct folds and bends to produce a variety of aluminium and stainless-steel components
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Maintain and ensure equipment is safe, clean and in good working order
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy, adhering to Health and Safety procedures and policies at all times
- Assist with any other tasks as required in line with business needs and as required within your skill set and experience
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NVQ Level 2 in Engineering Operations
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if needed)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
1 day per week at In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, WS9 8UG, and 4 days at the company. Please ensure you are able to travel to both sites.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position after successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
UNITECH ENGINEERING LTD
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.