Apprentice Commis Chef - Do & Co DO & CO. EVENT & AIRLINE CATERING LIMITED
This is a great opportunity for a customer-focused individual to join a fast-paced kitchen production team where we are all equally as passionate about the quality of the food we create and serve. We are looking to grow our talent pipeline within our kitchen and continue to be best-in-class. Duties incl. Collaborating with the Chef and Cooks to prepare meals. Preparing and measuring out meal ingredients according to each recipe.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
You will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Will include evening and weekend shifts to accommodate sites open hours. Shift rota to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Commis Chef Apprentice will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepping various ingredients such as meats and vegetables
- Collaborating with the Chef and Cooks to prepare meals
- Preparing and measuring out meal ingredients according to each recipe
- To maintain the required highest operational and personal standards of hygiene, and presentation at all times
- The preparation and cooking of food as directed by the Chef in charge, whilst complying to the Food Safety regulations
- Ensure the correct storage of all food items as directed by experienced members of staff
- Monitor and record temperatures of food, fridges and freezers
- Ensure that assured safe catering principals are followed at all times
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy and to adopt a ‘clean as you go’ policy
- Ensure that all foods prepared under your control are at the required temperatures (probed and recorded)
- Ensure that decanting methods and fridge discipline are strictly adhered to
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as directed by the Chef
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
All of your training will be completed within the workplace, You will be working towards the Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to work towards your Functional Skills in maths and English if you do not have the GCSEs or equivalent.
You will cover the following:
- Menu & Food Strategy including Provenance, Food Safety, Teamwork and Communication
- Vegetable and Vegetable Protein Dishes, Meat, Game & Offal Dishes, Fish & Shellfish Dishes, Poultry, Game & Offal Dishes
- Soups, Stocks and Sauces
- Hot & Cold Desserts
- Bread, Dough & Pastry
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Natural progression would be a Level 3 apprenticeship such as Chef De Partie or Senior Production Chef.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or equivalent (C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DO & CO. EVENT & AIRLINE CATERING LIMITED
200 Great South West Road
PERFORMANCE LEARNING GROUP LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.