Early Years Apprentice GOLDEN VALLEY DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
The role of the Apprentice is to ensure the well-being of the children whilst providing good care at all times. You will need to work as a team member whilst supporting the Key workers to maintain the efficient running of the nursery, working within the policies and guidelines set down. When appropriate you will have a small number of key children.
Closing date: 27 Mar 2023
The pay will be based on experience and qualifications. Minimum wage is guaranteed but could but higher.
Monday - 9 hours. Tuesday - 9 hours. Wednesday - 5 hours. Thursday - 9 hours. Friday - College 6 hours. Shift times to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- As part of a team with the support of the Nursery Manager you will be required to plan activities for the children paying particular attention to their age, development and individual needs.
- Supervise the children at all times, assisting them with their activities, reading stories, ensuring their safety and care.
- Provide a safe and hygienic environment, being aware of the standards expected and maintain those standards.
- Preparation of drinks and meals when required.
- Supervise children during mealtimes being aware of any dietary requirements.
- Clear away after the children have eaten, clean as necessary.
- Supervise children toileting, attending to their personal needs, make sure the toilet area is clean, tidy and the floor is dry after use.
- Maintain and update any relevant records.
- Administer basic First Aid and record any accidents/ incidents, ensuring this is signed by the parent or guardian when the child is collected.
- Be aware of and understand Child protection procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To be aware of, and comply with, all policy and procedures laid down for the nursery with regard to Health and Safety, Equal opportunities, Care and Control.
- Be aware of any change within childcare legislation and policy.
- Attend and contribute to regular staff meetings, supervision sessions and training.
- To carry out in a satisfactory manner any task requested by the Key workers or Manager. If a keyworker to carry out the role of keyworker including maintaining records and planning for key children.
- Work on a flexible basis to ensure cover at all times between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. unless contracted differently.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
- Paediatric first aid.
- Functional skills in maths and English - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments and being able to provide evidence of these.
- 1-day college attendance.
- Observations to be completed in the workplace to assess competence.
- End point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a full time job offer, however this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
About the employer
GOLDEN VALLEY DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
18 Oaksey Grove
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.