Warehouse Apprenticeship MUCKLOW HILL INTERIORS LTD
We are Halesowen’s largest retail showroom for the home, covering 25,00 sq. feet, within easy reach of the Birmingham, Wolverhampton & Dudley areas. Warehouse operatives will be required to receive, store and dispatch goods and products in a warehouse, factory or stockroom.
Closing date: 22 Mar 2023
Days and shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
27 Mar 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Treating merchandise with care and concern at all times
- Physical strength, fitness and dexterity, as you will often have to lift heavy packages
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes; use appropriate MHE or machinery where necessary; ensure items are safely and efficiently packed, assembled and/or disassembled as appropriate
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods; produce relevant paperwork or labelling processes
- Effectively collaborate with other members of staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping skills to coordinate large volumes of goods
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training towards Level 2 Warehouse Operative will include:
Safe driving and/or operating techniques to standard and as trained, relating to MHE (e.g. Counterbalance/Reach Trucks, Powered Pallet Trucks, Ride on Pallet Trucks, Order Pickers, Narrow Aisle Pickers, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms, Forklift Trucks) as relevant to their role and setting.
Adherence to safe practice when working at heights Steps to take to minimise the effect their work (and the wider industry) has on the environment.
Maintain a high level of housekeeping and manage waste effectively.
Using packing materials efficiently to reduce waste and costs and the consequences of not using or disposing of these correctly.
Safe use of equipment and machinery (such as MHE, vehicle and delivery systems); where to find instructions/guidance; consequences of incorrect use.
Use of warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock (e.g., Load Container Lists) within a warehouse environment to facilitate the safe handling of goods and an effective and efficient service to internal/external customers
Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods.
Relevant regulation and legislation (including international where relevant to role) governing the supply chain industry, their subsector and role in particular; consequences of not adhering to legal guidelines.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could apply for a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
MUCKLOW HILL INTERIORS LTD
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.