Land Based Service Engineer Apprentice AGGREGATE INDUSTRIES UK LIMITED
An amazing opportunity to work within the team at Aggregate Industries at the Kent base. Whilst on site, you'll be given a tailored training plan to work through, supported by both your allocated mentor and your manager. On a day to day basis, you'll be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members. Your role will include preparation of new and second-hand machinery for sale or hire.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
Potential salary once qualified: £26,000. A competitive starting salary, with annual pay rises. Competitive pension and 33 days’ holiday per year (including bank holidays). Career development and support from day one.
40 hours per week. Days and times to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Preparation of new and second-hand machinery for sale or hire
- Pre-delivery inspection of machinery carried out in accordance with manufacturers and employer’s procedures
- Performing routine service and maintenance operations in accordance with manufacturer’s schedules and employer’s instructions
- The preparation of equipment for repair for example, cleaning, dismantling and reassembly of machinery and their component parts, this may be carried out under supervision or in accordance with procedures or written briefs
- Conducting routine machine operation and systems testing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Land Based Service Engineer Apprenticeship standard
- You will have a block release at Stafford College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science (or any relevant subject) (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Engineering (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
AGGREGATE INDUSTRIES UK LIMITED
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
The Apprenticeship Hub
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.