Carpentry Apprentice MCGARRY INTERIORS LTD
We have an opportunity for an apprentice to learn carpentry, specialising in cabinetry. With full training, use of timber products and tools and the opportunity to become part of our close-knit workforce all whilst earning, we will train you to the highest standard and provide you with the skill set to begin a lucrative successful career.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
From 1 April 2023, the National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £5.28 an hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 7.30 am - 4.30 pm with paid lunch hour
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The average day will be in our brand-new Bracknell workshop getting to grips with the build process of our bespoke work.
You will be:
- Assisting with deliveries
- Assembly and disassembly of units
- Sanding components of the units
- Loading and unloading vans
- Assisting fitters onsite
- Learning safe use of power tools and machinery
Blue CSCS card will be obtained on completion of course.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Carpentry and Joinery (Site Carpentry) Apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and maths level 2, if required
- One day a week theory and practical in the Langley College, Langely
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity for permanent full-time position
- Opportunity to further education within the role
- Opportunity to branch into other areas of carpentry
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Design and Technology (Grade Level 2) Desired
About the employer
MCGARRY INTERIORS LTD
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.