Apprentice Front End Developer ALT DESIGN LIMITED
Alt are looking for an apprentice developer to join their friendly, down to earth dev team to support the growing business. As well as being part of a great team, the successful candidate will develop their software skillsets in a number of ways. Assisting developers with the development of new websites.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
There’s a lot that goes on during the creation process, and in some way on nearly every project, you’ll be part of the journey. We create all of our websites entirely bespoke, so we have total control over the design and build of a project.
Outlined below are a few things you’ll be getting up to:
- Assisting developers with the development of new websites
- Snagging websites that are in the pre-production phase
- Creation of templates for sites
- Building emailers
- Performing updates to existing websites based on client requirements
- Potentially some content management, but we’ll try and keep this to a minimum
- Turning XD designs into live components on websites
We’re quite big believers in being thrown in at the deep end, so expect to be doing pretty funky stuff from day one, you’ll always have the full support of the development team, we’re a tight knit bunch, so you’ll never be on your own.
We use a lot of different technology, depending on the project requirements, here are just some of the most common technologies that you will be using:
What we need from you:
We move really fast at Alt, being an agency there’s a big emphasis on ‘time spent’ on projects, so the ability to time manage is always a plus. On the flipside, this means you’ll be working on lots of projects throughout the course of the apprenticeship, and gain exposure to lots of different technology. It’s a lot of hard work, so being able to handle pressure would also be useful.
In short, you just need to have the interest, and be willing to put the time and effort into becoming a top-notch developer.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- IT Solutions Technician - Software Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Apprenticeship training will be delivered remotely via live Zoom sessions from Althaus Digital (employment will be on-site face-to-face with the employer)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The successful apprentice will have the opportunity to gain a full-time position with the employer
- Althaus will also provide information, advice and guidance regarding progression if required
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4 (or equivalent)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ALT DESIGN LIMITED
278 UTTOXETER NEW ROAD
ALTHAUS DIGITAL LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.