Apprentice Adult Care Worker - Derby (Mental Health) Creative Support
An apprenticeship with Creative Support is the start of a fulfilling and rewarding career in the care sector. You will gain valuable experience working in support services while also undertaking a level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Above all, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
(Up to £18,525 depending on age and experience)
Shift work including evenings and weekends. Shifts given on a two week rolling rota. Days and shifts are to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
13 Jun 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be providing person-centred support for adults with a range of mental health support needs, enabling them to acheive their goals, participate in the community, and enjoy a fulfilling and valued life.
You will be supporting people to be as independent and confident as possible in the following areas:
- Social skills & relationships
- Daily living skills, such as cooking and shopping
- Leisure & work activities
- Self organisation & personal safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will gain valuable experience working in a specialist area of adult support services while undertaking a level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. You will also complete the Care Certificate and attend Creative Support’s mandatory training
- You will be supported by a tutor from a training provider plus a dedicated mentor at work. 20% of your working hours will be spent ‘off-the-job’ completing your professional training. When and where you spend this time will be agreed with your mentor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprenticeship programme is designed to help you gain the technical knowledge and practical experience needed to become a caring, confident and skilled Adult Care Worker. Once completed, you could use your qualification to work towards a higher level diploma or specialise in a specific area of Health and Social Care
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
About disability confident
St. Judiths Court
34 South Street
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.