Computer Hardware Apprentice Technician MacFinder LTD
MacFinder are offering the opportunity to join our talented and motivated team of Technicians. Alongside learning to achieve a Level 3 Qualification as an IT Solutions Technician, you will be working with and learning from our Apple Certified Macintosh Technicians.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:00 or 09:00 – 17:00
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 May 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will be predominantly hardware based as you explore not just the internals of Apple machines such as the Mac Pro, MacBook, iMac and Mac Mini but also the variety of incoming PC stock we readily have available. The successful candidate will be tasked with refurbishing and diagnosing any issues within a machine prior to it being listed through one of our sales channels. You will be completely supported throughout your apprenticeship as we always aim to ensure any apprentices want to stay working with us upon competition of their course.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Working with our in-house Apple Certified Macintosh Technicians (ACMT) to ensure a high quality of working and service.
- To understand and successfully carry out our refurbishment process on various product lines such as iMacs, MacBooks, iPads and Mac Pros.
- Cross-functional working within the company alongside other departments where/when needed.
- You will be working within our high performing technical team to deliver exceptional quality systems to our consumer market.
- Included in our refurbishment process you will be required to thoroughly test all components of our products.
- Grade machines based on condition in cohesion with our grading guidelines.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentice's will be required to do four days a week practical learning within our Technical Department working on machines with one day a week away from this to complete necessary coursework which will also be in-house.
- IT Solutions Technician Level 3
- Maths and English Functional skills Level 2 if an equivalent grade has not been achieved.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon the successful competition of the course, the option of permanent employment will be explored. Should the candidate wish to and should they also be an appropriate fit for the company then the role of ‘Technician’ will be offered. This can then lead to eventual opportunities of promotion to a ‘Senior Technician’ and the chance to become certified as an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
3 RIVERSIDE INDUSTRIAL PARK
W S TRAINING LTD.
The Apprenticeship Team
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.