MET Apprenticeship Vacancy at Apollo Worthing Apollo Motor Group (Worthing) Ltd
As our Apprentice Vehicle MET Technician, you will be required to dismantle, re-assemble and calibrate safety related components on accident damaged and repaired vehicles to manufacturers specifications. Throughout the apprenticeship you will be supported by your work team, manager, mentor, dedicated Assessor Coach and the training team.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2023
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm( inclusive of 1 x 30 minute lunch break)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Aug 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Role and Responsibilities
- Dismantling vehicles for repair and checking removed parts for additional damage
- Labelling all displaced parts and ensuring they are stored safe and securely
- Reporting extra parts needed to Workshop Controller/Estimator
Complete quality check sheet
- Carrying out repairs as per job card and repair methods and completing necessary quality check sheets
- Aligning new and removed panels to manufactures specifications
- Assemble vehicles after repair to manufactures tolerences
- Attend all training courses and ensure that all work that has been set, is kept up to date and an accurate training log is kept.
- working closely with other members of the workshop team to continually learn and share knowledge
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- IMI Level 3 MET apprenticeship standard
- Thatcham Academy will deliver the training
- Thatcham Training for technical requirements will be 12 x 1 week blocks during the 36 month apprenticeship
- Practical training available on site during your working week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are many potential career paths and opportunities within Apollo Motor Group's 20 sites.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C /4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Apollo Motor Group (Worthing) Ltd
Southdown View Way
Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.