Early Years Apprentice CALLY SMITH CHILDCARE LTD
Cally Smith Childcare are delighted to offer the opportunity to join our setting as a level 3 early years apprentice. You will have the opportunity to complete a qualification whilst gaining experience within a small home from home setting.
Closing date: 29 Mar 2023
Apprenticeship wage increasing to £5.28 from April 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
01 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Cally Smith Childcare is a childcare setting that is run from our family home in Brompton on Swale. Cally Smith is a registered childminder who is passionate about early years. The setting is open Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 5.30pm, 48 weeks a year. We care for children from birth to 8 years old.
We are looking for a hardworking, passionate and reliable individual who can use their own initiative. Applicants should be fun, creative, calm and well-presented but most importantly have a passion for early years.
You will be registered as a childminding assistant and key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a safe, caring and educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, where children are happy, secure, relaxed and have opportunities for challenge
- Delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum in line with the settings ethos
- Planning age appropriate activities, in line with children’s interests and the curriculum and delivering those activities.
- Working in line with the settings policies and procedures ensuring they are put into practice, including knowing how to deal with child protection / safeguarding issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- Assisting with record keeping including daily attendance registers, accident records, cleaning schedules and risk assessments
- Observing children and recording their progress in their digital learning journals
- Interacting with children and their parents or carers in a warm, positive manner
- Ensuring the care needs of children are met at all times including, changing nappies, attending to toileting needs, feeding babies, assisting at meal times, changing children’s clothes where
- Accompanying staff and children on outings
- Being responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager and Deputy Manager
- Ensuring proper maintenance and high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and safety of toys and equipment in use. E.g. cleansing of equipment, laundry, keeping up to date with health and safety requirements
- Undertaking appropriate continuous professional development in fulfilling the requirements of the Apprenticeship Scheme, this includes attending College on a weekly basis, completing all
academic aspects of the apprenticeship, attending supervision meetings with the manager, attending staff meetings and planning and carrying out work based assessments with the assessor
- As part of a team you will also contribute to: preparing healthy meals and snacks, clearing away after meals, keeping the kitchen clean and tidy, keeping all areas of the setting clean including
vacuuming, dusting and mopping, gardening including growing your own vegetables in our allotment, following strict deep clean lists to ensure the highest standards within the setting
- Have a genuine love for babies and young children
- Be positive, outgoing and have the ability to work as a team
- Be motivated to enhance children’s learning and development experiences
- Be driven to go above and beyond to build your professional knowledge
- Be able to follow lists and schedules
- Have good spoken and written English
- Have excellent communication skills
- Love the outdoors and be happy outside all year round in all weather
- Be willing to undertake any training required by management (cost to be covered by the employer)
- Should be able to work flexible hours within the opening times
In return you will be an integral part of the setting and family and will form part of a fantastic friendly team who are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of early years education in a rewarding environment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Educator Level 3.
- Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirements are Entry Level 3, and the British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for apprentices for whom this is their primary language
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Location: Brompton on Swale.
Working 4 days a week including training time at Darlington College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship, a long-term position will be considered.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
CALLY SMITH CHILDCARE LTD
22 STEPHENSON ROAD
BROMPTON ON SWALE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.