Facilities Services Operative Apprenticeship - Mandeville Primary School INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Mandeville Primary School are looking for a Facilities Operative Apprentice to support the site manager by assisting in the maintenance and security of the school premises and site. Ensuring a safe working environment for all children and adults, maintaining the premises and grounds and ensuring compliance on all health and safety requirements.
Closing date: 27 Mar 2023
Monday - Friday, times to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the site manager in all areas of health and safety, compliance and security
- Ensure that buildings, site and resources are secure and undertake daily security checks
- Maintain school records concerning utilities and health and safety, whilst working with the site manager to ensure compliance
- Perform duties in line with health and safety regulations (COSHH) and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
- Undertake general portage duties including moving furniture and equipment within school
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
- Maintain a supply of premises cleaning resources around the school
- Operate systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- Receive deliveries to the school site
- Collect and assemble waste for collection
- Contribute to the cleanliness of the school
- Check the school's cleanliness regularly and work with the cleaning team to ensure that the cleaning is completed satisfactorily every day
- Ensure that the site is kept tidy throughout the year carrying out regular sweeping of hard areas, removal of litter, leaves etc.
- Be aware of and adhere to all school policies and procedures on health and safety, including asbestos procedures, fire safety procedures, plant and equipment inspections and management of legionella
- Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants
- Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card
- Discount on Nandos, ASOS, Vue cinema and much more
- Earn while you learn
- No debt
- Automatic rise in pay after 12 months
- Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month)
- Secure a job with little or no experience
- Remote learning
- Paid twice a month
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Facilities Services Operative Standard Qualification
- Functional skills Level 2 Math's and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression into full time employment for the right applicant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.