Vehicle Panel (Body Repair) Apprenticeship Vacancy at Apollo Motor Company Salisbury APOLLO MOTOR COMPANY (SALISBURY) LIMITED
As our Apprentice Vehicle Panel Technician, you will be provided with the technical knowledge and practical skills required to safely repair accident damaged vehicles to manufactures specification while being supported by your work team, manager, mentor and dedicated Thatcham Assessor Coach.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2023
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm( inclusive of 1 x 30 minute lunch break)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Aug 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dismantling vehicles for repair and checking parts removed whilst doing so
- Marking all displaced parts and ensuring they are stored safe and securely
- Reporting extra parts needed to Workshop Controller/Estimator
- Complete quality check sheet
- Carrying out repair as per job card and repair methods and completing necessary quality check sheet
- Jig and pull if required or requested
- Set up welding equipment correctly as per repair methods
- Aligning panels
- Use correct fillers for repair
- Re fitting vehicles after repair
- Attend all training courses and ensure that all work set is kept up to date and an accurate training log is kept working closely with other members of the workshop team to continually learn and share knowledge
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- IMI Level 3 vehicle Panel apprenticeship standard
- Thatcham Academy will deliver the training
- Thatcham Training for technical requirements will be 12 x 1 week blocks during the 36 month apprenticeship
- Practical training available on site during your working week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are many potential career paths and opportunities within Apollo Motor Group's 20 sites.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C /4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
APOLLO MOTOR COMPANY (SALISBURY) LIMITED
22 Boathouse Meadow Business Park
Cherry Orchard Lane
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.