Vehicle Panel (Body Repair) Apprenticeship Vacancy at Apollo Motor Company - Cheltenham APOLLO MOTOR COMPANY (CHELTENHAM) LIMITED
Our Apprentice Panel Technician, you will be provided with the training needed to progress your career further. During the apprenticeship you will be supported by your work team, manager, mentor, dedicated Assessor Coach and the training team. We have a whole host of experts here to guide you through your learning journey and help you to succeed. Complete quality check sheet, aligning panels.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2023
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm( inclusive of 1 x 30 minute lunch break plus 2 x 15 minute rest breaks).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Aug 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dismantling vehicles for repair and checking parts removed whilst doing so
- Marking all displaced parts and ensuring they are stored safe and securely
- Reporting extra parts needed to Workshop Controller/Estimator
- Complete quality check sheet
- Carrying out repair as per job card and repair methods and completing necessary quality check sheet
- Jig and pull if required or requested
- Set up welding equipment correctly as per repair methods.
- Aligning panels
- Use correct fillers for repair
- Re fitting vehicles after repair
- Attend all training courses and ensure that all work set is kept up to date and an accurate training log is kept
- Working closely with other members of the workshop team to continually learn and share knowledge
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- IMI Level 3 vehicle Panel apprenticeship standard
- Thatcham Academy will deliver the training
- Thatcham Training for technical requirements will be 12 x 1-week blocks during the 36-month apprenticeship
- Practical training available on site during your working week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are many potential career paths and opportunities within Apollo Motor Group's 20 sites.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C /4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
APOLLO MOTOR COMPANY (CHELTENHAM) LIMITED
Unit 1 Saxon Way
Battledown Industrial Estate
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.