Travel Consultant Apprenticeship Hays Travel North West
Start an exciting career in the travel industry as an apprentice at one of our retail branches. If you are passionate about customer service, this is an exciting opportunity. Many of our team started their career as apprentices and there are many development opportunities at Hays Travel for you to progress in your career. Duties include: Meeting and greeting customers.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
From April 2023 £5.28 an hour
Monday - Saturday 09:00 - 17:30 with a day off during the week, which is changeable. Maybe some Sunday when in peak sales season.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Jul 2023
01 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
What it’s like to work for us?
Whichever branch you work in, our people are always at the heart of everything we do.
We offer the Travel Consultant training programmes to help you progress personally and professionally, as we know the benefits of promoting and rewarding our hardworking colleagues are extremely important.
Of course, it's not all about work. We’re very sociable and there are always lots of team nights-out and company parties.
Plus, there are opportunities to travel abroad on educational trips.
All elements involved in being a Travel Consultant will be covered, the successful apprentice will gradually take on more tasks and responsibilities as they progress and develop in their role.
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Answering telephone calls
- Taking and assisting customer questions and queries
- Selling products and service to meet customer needs
- Marketing instore and on social media
- Assisting with customer events
- Team meetings and on the job and off the training
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Travel Consultant Standard Level 3
The apprenticeship programme will consist of:
• A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and provider
• Allocation of a tutor/mentor who will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis
• Off-the-job education, training and on-line learning provided by the provider at one of our training centres or at employer’s premises
• On the job training delivered by the employer
• Quarterly formal progress review meetings with your Tutor/mentor and employer
The apprenticeship structure:
The apprenticeship standard has two parts:
• The Learning Journey – this incorporates the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are essential to the role, employer and industry. It covers the coaching and mentoring elements of the programme, delivery of the functional skills if required and where necessary any additional support to the apprentice. Specific technical knowledge and skills training is provided by the employer. During the learning journey, apprentices will produce a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate they have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the role and this portfolio will support the end-point assessment
• The training and development delivered by the employer and provider will ensure the apprentice has developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours to be able to complete their end-point assessment
• The End-Point Assessment – this takes place at the end of the programme and consists of 1- 4 of the following (depending on the standard):
• Professional Discussion
• Portfolio of evidence
• Written exam
• Multiple choice test- Knowledge Test
• Apprentice showcase- My Journey
• Competency based Professional Discussion
• Quality assessment
Functional Skills – This part of the programme provides those apprentices who have not achieved GCSEs in English and maths or equivalent the opportunity to gain a qualification in English, mathematics, and ICT. Those candidates that have achieved GCSEs or equivalent in these subjects may be exempt from taking functional skills at level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a valued member of the Hays Travel team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Hays Travel North West
171 Old Chester Road
ROCHDALE TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.