Nursery Apprentice Little Explorers Day Nursery
We are looking for someone new to join our team to work in our younger room with our youngest children. We care for children aged 0 - 5 years across the nursery and they are constantly developing. We are looking for someone that is up-beat, looking for a new challenge and someone with a passion to create the best start for our children.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
The nursery is open Monday - Friday, between 8.00am - 6.00pm. Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
15 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working with the team to plan and prepare activities, to meet children’s individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Keeping of development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of babies bottles
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager
- Participating in regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager and Area Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification. You will be visited by your dedicated assessor at the workplace on a monthly basis. Apprentices will also attend monthly online tutorial sessions.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of advanced level apprenticeship and progression in the business. This opportunity will provide the right person with excellent skills for future opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
Little Explorers Day Nursery
25 POMONA STREET
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.