BSc Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship Sheffield Hallam University
This is a great opportunity to gain first-hand experience of IT Service Management for hardware, networks, infrastructure, databases and systems that support a wide range of business and teaching activities in a large and complex organisation. You will gain experience of implementing new and changed IT and processes that support complex changes.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
01 Mar 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will support the assessment and analysis of emerging technologies on the existing IT services and gain experience and an understanding of running modern, large scale IT systems and services.
This will give you valuable experience as you work alongside different teams and individuals within the group and the wider University. This offers a great opportunity to develop the skills required by professional services staff within Higher Education. You will develop strong communication, business and project management skills equipping you to embark on a career in Higher Education.
Throughout the three years you will receive development support including a full induction, guidance from a senior mentor, feedback and training opportunities.
The core elements of the Degree Apprenticeship are as follows:
- A bespoke induction
- Rotation across different areas of Digital Technology Services
- Ongoing training support including completion of the BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (IT Consultant) Degree Apprenticeship and End Point Assessment
- Reviews / appraisals to evaluate learning, development and performance
- Mentoring support throughout
- Perform technical process improvement tasks in a range of environments to solve business problems
- Present optimised solutions to improve business process and workflows through improved technology
- Recommend options based upon risks, costs vs benefits, and impact on other business processes
- Participate in walk-throughs for IT, to identify and document key risks within a client's organisation
- Support training of end-users in preparation for system activation
- Evaluate the success of a new system, process initiative, etc.
Your specific project responsibilities will be allocated at the start of each academic year. Successful progression is dependent on meeting all the objectives as set out in your training plan.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The degree award is BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Professional
- You will attend Sheffield Hallam University for a number of one-week blocks spread over 3 years
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Degree apprenticeships can be for anyone, not just school-leavers, and are an effective way for both existing staff and new starters to work and learn at any stage. On completion of this apprenticeship you will be awarded a BSc degree, so it is a great opportunity to study while you work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Sheffield Hallam University
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
Digital and technology solutions professional (integrated degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.