Apprentice Lift Truck Engineer JUNGHEINRICH UK LIMITED
You will service and maintain a wide range of equipment from basic manually operated pallet trucks, up to highly complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems. This will involve a multitude of engineering techniques, faulting and diagnostics on a wide range of Jungheinrich products.
Closing date: 12 Apr 2023
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Being an engineer in Jungheinrich will require you to engage with our customers on a daily basis so you will need to have good verbal and listening skills as well as coming across in a confident manner with a ‘can do’ attitude
- You must have a passion for engineering and maintenance and need to be motivated and committed to succeed and learn, taking ownership for your own development
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop as you will completing alongside your job role a Level 3 apprenticeship standard in Lift Truck Powered Access Engineering Technician
- Preventative maintenance of materials handling and ancillary equipment
- Repair of materials handling and ancillary equipment
- Accurately complete time sheets
- Manage and control parts stock
- Build customer relationships through good levels of communication, ensuring customer expectations are met in line with contractual obligations
- Ensure all company and customer health and safety procedures are met
- Identify sales leads for the Jungheinrich range of equipment and
- After sales products
- Act as a Company Ambassador at all times
- Accurate recording and completion of your apprenticeship 20% off the job training hours
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Area Service Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship programme you will be able to:
- Electrical fault find on a wide range of material handling equipment
- Diagnostics and repairs to both diesel and gas engines
- Servicing a wide and varied range of equipment
- Diagnostics and repairs of hydraulic systems
- Personal parts stock control
- Diagnostics and repairs of transmission systems
You will complete not only training throughout at your college programme, but also our Jungheinrich truck specific training and internal systems.
- Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English (if needed)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We look to offer all our Apprentices displaying the right aptitude and behaviours a full role after their Apprenticeship scheme into a field or site role within Customer Services. Beyond this as they progress within the company, there are an array of career opportunities to progress within the company post apprenticeship and beyond. We have many senior managers who started as apprentices within our business today.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
JUNGHEINRICH UK LIMITED
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.