Childcare Apprentice Mill House Childcare
The excellent Mill House Nursery Escrick Ltd. childcare team at our Escrick setting are looking for an exceptional individual to join them as an Early Years Apprentice. We want to recruit an enthusiastic, patient and committed person to work with children from 3 months to preschool age, helping guide and shape their development at a formative age and build positive relationships with parents and carers.
Closing date: 27 Mar 2023
After 1 year on the apprenticeship, wage will be in line with national minimum wage for your age group
Hours will vary between 7.30am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
Total hours per week: 25
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working with children from 3 months to preschool age, helping guide and shape their development at a formative age and building positive relationships with parents and carers is a rewarding and fulfilling professional career.
You will be involved in supporting and planning activities for the children, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Working alongside your colleagues to provide an outstanding learning environment for the children, ensuring the children’s individuality is being met and maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both the children and their families. You will also start for form bonds with children and build professional relationships with the parents.
Purpose of post:
- To learn safeguarding and other policies, processes, arrangements and objectives
- To learn how to effectively deliver the Early Years’ Foundation Stage
- To learn all about the care and development of children under 2
- To learn and champion Mill House Nursery Escrick Ltd’s equality and diversity ethos
- To learn about working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, providing a stimulating and caring safe environment for children
- To learn how to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and other professionals
- To attend your own training sessions and all staff meetings and parent evenings/open days as required
- Working with children
- Attending meetings
- Liaising with parents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is an opportunity to take your first steps to becoming an early years practitioner, completing the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship
- You will be supported by members of your team throughout your apprenticeship, gaining experience that will go towards your End Point Assessment
- You will be given one day a week to complete your apprenticeship work and will have regular visits from your assessor in your workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may be the opportuntity to progress to a higher level apprenticeship and becoming a full-time member of the team
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Mill House Childcare
Escrick Buisness Park
HEART OF YORKSHIRE EDUCATION GROUP
Heart of Yorkshire Group
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.