Industrial Coatings Apprentice FUGRO GEOSERVICES LIMITED
Fugro GeoServices Ltd are seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join their team as an Industrial Coatings Apprentice. This unique opportunity is ideal for someone whom has interests in Industrial Coating and wants to learn and progress in a career within the engineering industry
Closing date: 06 Apr 2023
The wage will vary between- £8-£12.50 an hour.
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Some weekend work may be required.
Total hours per week: 42.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
14 Aug 2023
28 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Fugro is now recruiting for an Industrial Coatings Apprentice to join our team in Falmouth, Cornwall.
This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to develop your skills through various interesting and diverse activities and projects.
As an apprentice with Fugro, you will be an integral part of the team, working in a fast-moving environment with an experienced team who will support and mentor you to achieve your qualification and develop your career.
From our Falmouth Hub, we design, build and operate bespoke over water drilling equipment and you will have opportunities to gain first-hand experience both in the workshop and field to see our equipment in action hand to fully understand its purpose and enhance your knowledge.
This job is for you if:
- You are keen to learn and would like to develop your career
- You work to high standards and have an understanding of health and safety
- You are a team player
- You have an understanding and appreciation of other trades
Who you’ll be working with:
You will work closely with the Workshop and Production Manager, Workshop Supervisors, Design Engineers and Project Manager to assist in the design and build of equipment.
Here’s what a typical day would be like:
- Blasting and painting of new, existing drilling equipment and ancillary plant
- Reporting issues to Department supervisor in detailed and accurate format
- Contributing ideas toward continuous improvement
- Ensuring health and safety remain a priority for everybody within the workshop including clients and visitors
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be trained in the workplace alongside your usual duties and you will be expected to attend college one day a week or on a block release basis.
You will work towards achieving a level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship including:
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- ETCAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- OAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge and Skills)
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to progress onto Higher apprenticeship/ HNC/HND.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FUGRO GEOSERVICES LIMITED
Bickland Industrial Park
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.