Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Level 2 BUTTERFLIES CANNOCK LTD
We are seeking an enthusiastic, intelligent, academically competent and caring individual to join our amazing team of early years educators to support our outstanding early education programmes. Use play to support children to understand and encourage healthy life choices.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
From 1 April 2023, the National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £5.28 an hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday; shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
23 Apr 2023
01 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities will include:
- Work in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child in line with company policies and procedures
- Use play to support children to understand and encourage healthy life choices
- Identify issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protection concerns to the person in charge
- Carry out self-reflection and use continuous professional development opportunities to improve practice
- Undertake specific tasks related to the safety and hygiene of the children and the cleanliness of the setting
- Use their knowledge of child development to work with parents and carers to improve children outcomes and wellbeing, including those with disabilities and additional needs
- Contribute to the planning and organise activities and children's individual experiences which will support and extend the children’s learning in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Communicate and engage with children to support their learning and development
- Support the collection of accurate and up-to-date records which identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and use these as a basis for future planning
- Support the wellbeing of all children including those with additional needs and disabilities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship training will be provided alongside an opportunity to complete any outstanding maths and English qualifications, up to Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This position may lead to a permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BUTTERFLIES CANNOCK LTD
61 Union Street
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.