Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant The Pharmacy Group
A pharmacy group based in York are hoping to recruit a determined candidate to work within their small team of professionals. There is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications such as L3 pharmacy technician. Duties may include customer service and dispensing medicine.
Closing date: 04 Apr 2023
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Apr 2023
27 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (after training)
- General admin
- Dealing with counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy services assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point assessment (EPA)
- In-house training provided by employer
- GPhC approved Dispensing and MCA qualification
- Training will be provided on a weekly basis
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent role for the right person or further potential for other training such as a level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Pharmacy Group
210 Fulford Road
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.