Hair Professional (Hairdressing) Apprenticeship MR ROBERTS(MANCHESTER)LTD
James Roberts is recruiting for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their successful team based in Manchester City Centre. Apprentices will receive training in all aspects of hairdressing and become a fully qualified stylists in a vibrant, exciting, and successful salon.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
From 1 April 2023, the National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £5.28 an hour.
One 7-hour day in college, with 2 days off (the role includes weekend work). Days and times to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
27 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities within the salon include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying, etc
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role. This will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Offering clients refreshments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professional (Hairdressing) and Functional skills in Maths and English (if needed).
- You will train with Michaeljohn Training School, a multi-award-winning training provider with over 40 years of experience in the hairdressing and barbering industry
- Our team of dedicated educators are highly skilled hair professionals who continue to work in some of the industry’s most reputable salons
- Our academy – with 4 floors of salons and learning zones – is the ideal environment to learn hairdressing and barbering; you will attend one day per week on day release from your employer
- We only work on live models for training and assessments purposes, giving you real life salon experience
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing, earning (on average) salaries of £25,000+ once qualified
- Potential of securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss, work mobile, work abroad, work on model runways and cruise ships – the opportunities are endless!
- Progression to a Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional or Level 2 Barbering Standard
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 9-1) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
14 St. Marys Street
Michael John Training Manchester
Michaeljohn Training School
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.