Trade Supplier apprentice (Chester CH2) EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
A Trade Supplier Apprentice is required for a leading electrical wholesaler. The candidate will start in the warehouse and learn all the products and the warehouse management and then move onto sales counter and sales office. Fantastic career progression opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 25 Mar 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm, with a 1 hour lunch break.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Mar 2023
27 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
City Electrical Factors:
It all started on the 16th July 1951.
From humble beginnings and a single store based in Coventry back in 1951 City Electrical Factors has grown at a sustained and impressive rate where we now have 400 outlets throughout the United Kingdom.
Our growth is attributed to our commitment to provide our customers with excellent and quality service which still shapes our company’s development and determines our future growth and success - a future which promises even greater benefits to our customers and security for our employees.
What is an Electrical Wholesaler?
Electrical wholesalers sell the products we all use in our homes, businesses, entertainment venues, cafes that give us access to electricity - from lighting our homes through to floodlighting a football match, from recharging a mobile phone to recharging an electric vehicle. The products you will be working with are used in domestic, industrial, and commercial settings, and are installed by contractors and electricians.
We are looking for a highly motivated apprentice to join our busy branch. After full training responsibilities will include:
- Managing stock in and out (to external clients)
- Picking and packing
- Store transfers and stock control
- Completing the paperwork within the office
- Raising quotations
- Trade counter sales
- Sales calls
- Processing orders
- Answering the telephone
- Some heavy lifting will be involved with loading and unloading the vans
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Completing a Trade Supply Apprenticeship Level 2, consisting of:
- Knowledge and Competence qualification in Trade Supplier at Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- End Point Assessment - final test and observation
- The vocational and academic training aspects are separated and delivered by separate teams
- The vocational training and assessment are conducted, more often than not, on site according to the employers wishes
- Notice of dates is agreed well in advance of a site visit
- Training and assessment are conducted both on and off the job, according to the needs of the course and the learner. Every effort is made to ensure the best result is achieved by the learner
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunities that could arise after the apprenticeship are:
- Sales Team Member
- Counter Sales
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Sales Rep
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Unit 1 Deva Court, Lightfoot Street, Chester
LEARNING SKILLS PARTNERSHIP LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.