Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship ACCORD MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
An opportunity has arisen to join Horbury Academy to support the Learning Manager and the SENCo team with the delivery of curriculum provision and learning support for targeted pupils at risk of significant underachievement. Work with pupils and support the wider SEN team to address these in consultation with Curriculum Leaders and SENCO.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
The wage will rise to NMW for age on successful completion of 6 months probation period.
Working pattern: 8.15am to 2.45pm (4 days per week) and 8.15am to 3.45pm (1 day per week) with half an hour unpaid lunch break per day. Term time only plus 5 Inset Days.
Total hours per week: 31
Possible start date
24 Apr 2023
01 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide support to pupils on numeracy and literacy in one to one and small group settings
- To provide support to pupils with personal needs, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- To support pupils with behavioural needs in small groups and classes
- To provide support for EHCP pupils
- To support with the delivery of functional skills Level 1, 2 and 3, as directed by the teacher
- To work with pupils, parents and colleagues to improve the life of pupils in the learning support facility
- To Contribute to the analyse of data and reports as may be required in support of job role
- As part of the wider team of SEN Learning Mentors, support the Pupil Support Team including the SENCo in their duties as directed by the SENCo and Learning Manager
- To support the delivery of a range of school improvement and intervention services which lead to measurable outcomes for vulnerable pupils
- To create and source resources suitable to individual pupil’s needs
- To assist with supervision of pupils outside of lesson times, including before and after the Academy day and at lunchtimes, these duties shall be undertaken within the post holder’s contractual hours
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The qualification being undertaken will be Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, all training will take place on site in the workplace
Training will include:
- How pupils learn & develop
- How to use technology to support learning & own role
- How to work with teachers to support assessments
Knowledge of curriculum
- How to keep children safe in education, safeguarding & health and safety
- How to develop strategies to support & encourage pupils to move towards independent learning
- Communication & teamwork
- How to solve problems & motivate pupils
- How to build relationships
- How to add value to education
- Professional standards in teaching & education
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As well as ensuring full competency as a Teaching Assistant, this standard provides a foundation for potential progression into a number of career paths in the Educational sector including Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Assistant Teacher and Teacher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Functional Skills Math's & English (Grade Level 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCORD MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
INDEPENDENT TRAINING AND EDUCATION CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.