Apprentice Software and Controls Engineer EDALE LTD
We are recruiting a Software and Controls Engineer, to work in the design and development of electrical control solutions for industrial equipment, and in the electrical systems and development of special purpose machinery. Of importance are machine commissioning, development of servo drive systems and software, PLC and HMI software programming. .
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
This should be the minimum wage, but more dependent on experience.
Monday to Friday, generally 8.30am-5pm
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
28 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the existing controls team in the development of Edale’s range of flexographic and digital printing presses and converting solutions.
- To help develop & test protocols for new machine builds.
- To help carry out commissioning & testing of new machine builds.
- To create associated documentation for new and old machine projects.
- To help carry out modifications and improvements to existing control system designs when required.
- To be active in the commissioning, factory acceptance, site acceptance and final handover of machines to the end user.
- To develop, write, and implement servo control, PLC, and HMI software programs based on the agreed project specifications.
- To provide electrical engineering support and technical “know-how” to the Service Department.
- To assist the Electrical/Controls System Design Manager in the research and development of new products in accordance with the company’s strategy.
- To quickly familiarise yourself with the printing and rotary converting processes so that technical support can be offered to our sales process.
- Taking part in the R & D of future products as well as providing essential technical support to customer services.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNOLOGY
The preferred candidate will have some prior experience in the design and development of mechanical and electrical systems for special purpose capital equipment that makes use of servo drive, PLC and HMI control systems but not accentual .
It will be of the greatest importance that the successful candidate, if not already having industry/technology background, makes themselves familiar with the company’s products at the earliest opportunity.
PROJECT PLANNING AND REPORTING
As part of the team the Software & Controls Engineer Apprentice will be expected to accurately monitor and provide progress reports on all projects in respect of schedule and budget.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be studying the Engineering Technician Level 3 apprenticeship. This will involve coming to South Downs Campus one day per week for learning in the Engineering training facility over a course of 42 months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be opportunity for progression within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
UNIT 1 FULCRUM 5
LAVENHAM BUSINESS PARK
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.