Childcare Level 2 Apprenticeship INTO THE WOODS OUTDOOR NURSERY LTD
Into The Woods Outdoor Nursery Ltd are looking for a Level 2 Childcare apprentice who is passionate about outdoor learning/play and full of energy and always smiling. The role will include carrying out observations on key children and supervising them, showing care and kindness at all times.
Closing date: 23 Apr 2023
From the 1st April 2023 the National Minimum Wage for apprentices will increase to £5.28 per hour. This will increase the yearly wage to £10433.28.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 08.00 - 16.30 or 08.30 - 16.30 Once every 2 weeks will need to attend a planning meeting till 17.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 May 2023
24 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and applied at all times
- Ensure the children in our care receive appropriate care, kindness and supervision at all times
- Through sensitive and careful interactions (talking, listening, teaching, observing) support the children in setting and achieving their own aims, and extend and challenge their understanding and knowledge in all areas of learning
- Demonstrate high expectations of the children in all aspects of their development, from self care to communication and language
- Set up the camp and session and pack away afterwards
Undertake all the practical aspects of looking after 2–5 year olds and ensure their wellbeing - eg, helping them change, changing nappies, ensuring hands are washed, helping them at lunchtime, making sure they are warm enough, wiping noses
- Form close, caring and appropriate relationships with the children in your care
- Form positive and constructive relationships with parents of our children
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Plus Internal Training will be provided at the location
- Training is ongoing throughout the apprenticeship
- Functional Skills (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent Position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
INTO THE WOODS OUTDOOR NURSERY LTD
Queens Wood Lodge
42 Muswell Hill Road
CELLAR TAPES UK LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.