NDT Operator Apprentice CASTINGS TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL LTD
Tasks include non-destructive examination, visual inspection of castings, preparing castings for inspection, routine control checks, keeping computerised inspection records, evaluating results and radiographic testing. Excellent opportunity to gain a recognised NDT qualification and practical experience within non-destructive testing!
Closing date: 25 Mar 2023
Monday - Thursday: 08:00AM - 16:30PM. Friday: 08:00AM - 15:30PM. 30-minute unpaid lunch break at 1pm.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
05 Apr 2023
23 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Castings Technology International Ltd are a world leading casting provider looking to recruit an NDT Operator Apprentice based within our Rotherham site.
This role will provide you with the training, knowledge, and support to carry out non-destructive testing using the techniques you will become certified to use during your apprenticeship.
Successful apprentice will gain knowledge by working with the NDT department and assisting with duties such as:
- Visual inspection of castings by direct observation and use of visual aids, including mirrors and video scopes to detect surface defects
- Non-destructive examination using fluorescent and colour contrast dye penetrant to reveal surface flaws
- Preparing castings for inspection using various cleaning methods, ensuring suitability for effective inspection
- Routine control checks to validate the inspection process and verify equipment calibrations
- Process castings through penetrant application and removal process
- Assist in clearing excavations using penetrant inspection during the upgrade and repair process
- Keeping computerised inspection records and archiving paper records
- Evaluate the results and make accept/rejection decisions based on customer acceptance criteria
- Interpret specification and assist in production of NDT techniques for level III approval
- Radiographic testing. Performing all duties around the production of various aspects of radiographic films in accordance with written procedures and techniques. Setting up tests on various products in accordance with written procedures
- Magnetic Particle Inspection of castings
- Annual holiday entitlement is 22 days, plus bank holidays, plus an additional day for each complete year of service, up to a maximum of five additional days
- Company offers access to a stakeholder pension scheme
- Consistently seeing work through to timely completion
- Desire to pursue a career within non-destructive testing
- Enthusiasm for training and learning a new discipline and industry
- All employees are subject to background checks to the UK government’s Baseline Personnel Security Standard
- All employees are required to undertake a pre-employment medical examination upon commencement
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NDT Operator Level 2
- All training and learning will be delivered onsite
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After the 14 months NDT Operators programme has been completed successfully, the candidate may have the opportunity to progress to NDT Engineering Technician Level 3 programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4 or above.) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CASTINGS TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL LTD
Castings Technology International Ltd (Cti)
Advanced Manufacturing Park
SKILLS TRAINING UK LIMITED
Non-destructive testing (NDT) operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.