Business Administration Apprentice (Cabs Division) COMPACT MANUFACTURING LTD
Working in the cabs division of Compact Manufacturing, you’ll be part of a small team responding to requests from customers via email and telephone. The request could be for quotations for new cabins, replacement spare parts or service or installation updates. Also, general office administration duties.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm, 30 minutes lunch.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
23 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working within a small team in the cabs division of Compact Manufacturing duties include:
- Responding and making telephone calls to clients internal and external, taking and passing on messages as appropriate.
- Read and respond to incoming emails
- Updating reports via pre-populated excel spreadsheets.
- Creating reports for meetings when required
- Invoicing completed cabin supply and installations and spare parts sales via sage accounting systems
- Assist with creation of quotations for both new cabin sales and spare parts
- Assist with ordering cabins and new spare parts on the Polish factory
- Liaise with the manufacturer in Poland to gain an understanding of delivery timings and product details, informing customers where necessary
- Assist with packing of campaign products and dispatching
- Completion of general office duties, eg filing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
- Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment
In house training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis with the current finance team. You will not be required to attend Dudley College premises as the course is delivered in the workplace only. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessments, coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
At the end of your training, you will sit an exam and submit course work as part of your assessment, and you will receive a Level 3 qualification.
You will receive a full company induction on commencement and CIEH L2 Health & Safety training course (accredited).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the apprenticeship we would be able to offer the candidate a permanent role within the administration team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
COMPACT MANUFACTURING LTD
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.