Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Cresswell Rumsey Accountants
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to begin a new career in the world of accountancy, receiving on the job training whilst studying AAT at level 3. The role includes bookkeeping tasks using cloud software Xero, being able to put together income and expenditure accounts and rental income accounts for self-assessment clients and engaging with clients on the phone so a professional telephone manner is crucial.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Monday – Thursday 09:00-17:00 with a 30 min unpaid lunch break Friday 08:30-16:30 with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
23 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The successful candidate will be predominantly carrying out bookkeeping tasks using cloud software Xero and will own their own clients when the required competency has been met.
- The candidate will also be expected to discuss VAT liability/assets with the client and file monthly/yearly VAT returns also through Xero.
- There is a requirement to have some basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel to be able to put together income and expenditure accounts and rental income accounts for self-assessment clients and a part of their duties will include engaging with clients on the phone so a professional telephone manner is crucial.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend college at NCC Hackney (N1 6HQ) or NCC Havering (RM11 3TB)
- Apprentices without English or maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end-point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
AAT level 4 may attract further opportunity within the practice as a junior accountant (this is subject to the candidate showing commitment through driving and funding their own development with AAT)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 and above (A-C)) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Bookkeeping (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Cresswell Rumsey Accountants
181-183 STATION LANE
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.