Mechanical / Hydraulics Apprentice HYSERVE LTD
The hydraulics apprentice will learn how to gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of hydraulic systems and components. The apprentice will learn how to read and interpret hydraulic circuit drawings.
Closing date: 01 May 2023
Monday - Friday 8.30pm - 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
27 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The hydraulics apprentice will learn how to gain knowledge and understanding of hydraulic systems and components. The apprentice will learn how to read and interpret hydraulic circuit drawings.
The apprentice will learn how to:
- Build hydraulic systems and subsequently learns the process of Installation,
- Commissioning, disassemble fault finding / diagnostics and service.
- The apprentice may get involved in repair, retrofits, upgrades on complete hydraulic systems and components.
- The apprentice will work in-house and on site to suit business needs.
The apprentice will gain the following skills:
- Understand and interpret Hydraulic system drawings
- Ability to build and test complete hydraulic systems, sub assemblies from assembly drawings.
- Ability to assess and identify hydraulic parts in need of repair from Drawings/BOMs.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic installations
- Experience of Hydraulic piston pumps, Pressure and Flow Control Valves, Directional Control Valves, Check Valves, Double and Single Acting Cylinders.
- Experience in Field diagnosis
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will complete an Engineering Fitter standard and sit an end point assessment
Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) – Awarding organisation City and Guilds; 720 GLH, this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
TEAM VALLEY TRADING ESTATE
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.