Apprentice dental nurse The Melton Clinic
A fantastic opportunity is available to work and train towards becoming a fully qualified dental nurse at the five-star rated The Melton Clinic. Within this role as apprentice dental nurse you will gain exposure to multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Full range of shifts between Monday to Friday (9am-7pm) Once a month may require on rota for Saturdays.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
24 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
If you are looking to start your career as a dental nurse, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The Melton Clinic provides their patients with an all-encompassing health, wellbeing and aesthetic service like no other. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy, and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions.
- Using all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order.
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients.
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed.
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received, and fitted.
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery.
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored.
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings.
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice.
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Reception duties.
- Assisting the GP’s, Aesthetic doctors and wellbeing practitioners should you wish to.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Dental Nurse Standard Level 3
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Functional Skills Level 2 in English OR Maths if not exempt.
Day release is one day per fortnight at Nottingham College City Hub. We run 2 cohorts per year.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship as a qualified Dental Nurse
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
The Melton Clinic
8 Asfordby Road
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.