Apprentice Fabricator DACON FABRICATIONS LTD
An Apprentice Fabricator (level 3) is required. The fabrication apprentice will work with time served sheet metal workers and fabricators and learn how to read drawings, select steel and prepare materials.
Closing date: 01 May 2023
Monday - Thursday 7.00 am - 3.30pm Friday 7.00 am - 1.00 pm
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
05 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The fabrication apprentice will:
- Work with time served sheet metal workers and fabricators.
Learn how to read drawings, select steel and prepare materials
be trained in how to use specialist tools and equipment in the workshop.
- Mark off, measure, cut and bend using various cutting and forming tools and equipment.
- Work safely at all times complying with health and safety legislation, regulations, organisational and environmental requirements.
- Prepare for the metal fabrication activities before commencing work.
- Check materials conform to the specified grades, dimensions and thicknesses identified on detailed engineering drawings.
Use the correct methods for the moving and handling resources and materials.
- Set up, check and adjust the equipment for use in the safe and reliable fabrication of metal products or components and maintaining the equipment in a reliable and safe condition throughout.
- Interpret technical drawings, patterns, templates and specifications to mark out, produce and assemble complex fabricated products to meet the required specification and quality requirements.
- Cut, drill, shape and preparing metal materials during fabrication activities using manual and power tools as required calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments/equipment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will work towards a Metal Fabricator apprenticeship
Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) Level: 3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
End point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
DACON FABRICATIONS LTD
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.