Building Services Apprentice Design Engineer – Level 6 BURO HAPPOLD ENGINEERS LIMITED
Our engineers who progress through the apprenticeship route find that working during the day on projects whilst attending part time study provides an invaluable experience and enables a work focused programme of learning delivering increased technical skills and behaviours that are invaluable for their career. Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
23 Feb 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will embrace the latest energy and MEP technologies to improve performance and sustainability. Sustainable design is the top of our corporate agenda
- Undertake detailed building services (including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, sustainability) design and calculations (using both software and knowledge to verify robust calculations)
- Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard - within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions
- Plan and manage input to Building Information Modelling software for production of design work
- Use Building Information Modelling software to design engineering services on projects through learning from colleagues and in house training
- Represent the company as part of a team by attending design team meetings or meetings with clients and architects
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Successful apprentices will graduate with a degree in Building Services Engineering (Level 6)
- iEng status upon Completion. Mentoring and support to achieve professional status and further industry accreditation
- This is a CIBSE and Energy Institute accredited course
- Support throughout your apprenticeship: apprentices buddy network, mentoring, young employee's forum, structured on-the-job learning plan
- Understanding and hands on experience of MEP work in the built environment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our management team include qualified professional engineers who learnt, developed, and became qualified through the apprenticeship route.
Many engineers who decide to progress through the apprenticeship route find that working during the day on projects whilst attending part time study provides an invaluable experience and enables a work focused programme of learning delivering increased technical skills and behaviours that are invaluable for their career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Maths, Physics/Chemistry desirable (Grade BBC) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Building Services Engineering (Grade DDM) Essential
About the employer
BURO HAPPOLD ENGINEERS LIMITED
17 Newman Street
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY
Building services design engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.