Dental Nurse Apprentice DR RICHARD MILNER & DR NADEEM JAWAID
We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice dental nurse to join our friendly dental practice. We would love you to join us as an apprentice dental nurse and start your exciting career in dental nursing. Assisting other dental health professionals, providing chairside support and a high level of patient care.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2023
The National minimum wage is the lowest amount that an employer can offer and so this is the lowest wage expectation. The pay may be negotiated and may rise after a probation period has been successfully completed.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not exhausted to:
- Greeting and caring for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures
- Updating computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgery to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
You will be earning whilst learning during your apprenticeship. The dental practice will give you all of the practical knowledge you will need in order to qualify as a dental nurse and the training provider (Harriet Ellis) will teach you all of the theoretical side.
Your studies will be online based on weekly teaching sessions and off-the-job training given to you and paid by your employer.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 3 dental nurse apprenticeship offers employment within a dental practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviour of the learner to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide you with the relevant qualifications to apply for professional registration as a dental nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Functional Skills in Maths and English at Level 2 are available to be studied alongside the apprenticeship if you do not have GCSEs or Functional skills at level 2 or equivalent qualifications already.
For more information, please visit the training providers' website at:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A great opportunity to be trained and secure long-term employment with an employer who wishes to develop your knowledge and skills.
- A good route into dental hygiene, dental therapy or dental cosmetics with further training.
- Once qualified, it offers excellent career progression into possibly moving into a team leader, manager or dental practice manager position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade At least C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DR RICHARD MILNER & DR NADEEM JAWAID
HARRIET ELLIS TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Apprenticeship Registrations Team
01708 776 050
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.