Apprentice Assembler/Bench Fitter MATTHEWS ENGINEERING (STOKE) LTD
The successful applicant will work as an Apprentice Assembler and will be trained to break down and/or assemble various components to a high standard. The company is rapidly expanding and this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
Monday to Thursday: 8.00am - 4.30pm. Friday: 8.00am to 3.30pm.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 May 2023
28 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will gain experience and training in the following:
- To assemble and/or break down components to a high standard, and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Experience in the use of manual tools
- Knowledge of mechanical assemblies
- Logical and methodical work practice
- To be a team player with the ability to work alone
- Learn good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills, including managing workload effectively
- Training in risk assessment and hazard identification, and Health and Safety practices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills)
- Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (Knowledge)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of Engineering operative.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
MATTHEWS ENGINEERING (STOKE) LTD
GREAT FENTON BUSINESS PARK
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.