Information Governance Business Administration Apprentice Mansfield District Council
The successful candidate will work within the Information Governance Team at Mansfield District Council under supervision and guidance to develop skills, knowledge and experience within information governance and the wider Legal team. The apprentice will support the team to provide the delivery of a friendly, helpful and efficient service in person
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
The first six months will be paid at the apprenticeship rate (£5.28), followed by National Minimum Wage rate (dependent on age) for the remainder of the Apprenticeship.
08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday (with lunch break not paid)
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
24 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support colleagues developing skills and knowledge required to provide a professional customer response service.
- To develop skills and knowledge to provide customers with appropriate service information.
- To develop skills and knowledge to identify the customers’ needs and escalate priority issues.
- To develop skills required to handle and resolve service complaints.
- To develop skills and knowledge to route customer enquiries to an appropriate resource.
- To develop the required skills and knowledge to make follow up calls and written communications where necessary.
- To support the Information Governance and Legal Services Teams and develop skills to undertake research as may be required in response to a customer enquiry, using available resources.
- To undertake all aspects of Information Governance gaining and developing an understanding of business processes and the ‘hands on’ approach of excellent service delivery.
- To comply with Information Security and Data Protection policy and principles.
- To undertake any other tasks as agreed with the Information Governance and Legal Services Team Leaders.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This is a work based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours. We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you can attend in person at our Derby Road campus or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time permanent position upon successful completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
Mansfield District Council
Chesterfield Road South
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.