Welder/Fabricator Apprentice FORT VALE ENGINEERING LIMITED
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Fabricator/Welder based in Burnley, Lancashire. The broad purpose of the occupation is to carry out metal fabrication work using things such as rolled steel joists, columns, channels, steel plate and metal sheet etc.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2023
Working week to be confirmed at interview.
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Welder and Fabricator, you will be trained in all aspects of welding and fabrication.
During your apprenticeship you will work alongside our skilled workforce and gain knowledge of engineering materials.
- You will learn how to read engineering drawings
- You will learn how to measure and mark out, and produce sheet metal components and assemblies to precision tolerances
- You will learn to do MIG/MAG and TIG welding, and you will have the opportunity to experience various automated welding processes including robot welding, laser cutting technology and CNC LVD press brake procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be working towards completing the Level 3 Metal Fabricator apprenticeship standard which will include the following:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if not already achieved)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Engineers are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected.
Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Technology (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
FORT VALE ENGINEERING LIMITED
Calder Vale Park Simonstone Lane Simonstone
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.