Hospitality Team Member Apprentice George and Pilgrim Inn
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and passionate team at the forefront of a busy hotel in the centre of Glastonbury. As a Hospitality Team Member you will be trained to the highest standard in customer care, ensuring all our clients are given a warm welcome and have the best experience.
Closing date: 17 Apr 2023
National Minimum Wage from April 1st 2023 will be £5.28 per hour.
Various shifts to be confirmed, to include weekends and evenings - 36 hours per week to include your college day.
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
01 May 2023
28 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Take a responsible approach to the preparation, sale and service of food and beverages
- Use appropriate opportunities to upsell and promote additional products and services
- Actively seek opportunities to delight and ‘wow’ customers in line with the business / brand standard
- Demonstrate high personal hygiene standards and a clean workstation ethic at all times
- Pay attention to detail and have high standards of cleanliness and presentation
- Work in a discreet manner and maintain customer confidentiality
- Be highly organised and has the ability to multitask whilst maintaining an engaging, friendly, and helpful attitude toward customers
- Anticipate customer needs and can adapt products and services to meet them
- Ensure interdepartmental and external communication provides a good flow of information to meet and exceed customers’ expectations
- Actively seek opportunities to make a great guest experience
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification
- One day of training per week at Strode College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression within the business including support for further personal development qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
George and Pilgrim Inn
George and Pilgrim Hotel
1 High Street
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.