DAF Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship - Southampton ADAMS-MOREY LIMITED
Skillnet are recruiting on behalf of DAF who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now! Inspecting and repairing a range of heavy vehicles (HVs) and trailers for dealerships, independent garages.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2023
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm. May include some Saturdays on a rota basis.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing - carrying out checks
- Maintenance - replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn, and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
- Learn the fundamental technologies - Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Skillnet.
When on a DAF Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the City of Bristol College 4 times a year for two weeks at a time. All accommodation and travel costs are paid for. You will also be assigned a dedicated Skills Coach who will contact you every 28 days at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice, and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualifications:
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To be discussed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.