Hair Professional Apprenticeship Level 2 MRS JANE HIRST
Apprentice Hairdresser to undertake a 24 month course that is the entry point for a career in hairdressing. You will be employed by a salon earning a wage, working 4 days in a salon and one day training at the Philips Academy. This role will involve working with chemicals and heated equipment.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
On average you will work: Monday to Wednesday 9am to 5pm with one day off, Thursday 12pm to 8pm, Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 4pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your role will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and providing treatments, drying hair, setting hair and sourcing equipment
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with mixing colours, moving on to colour application and colour choice
- Some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will become more complex throughout the training to include some advanced techniques
- Assisting with reception duties and offering refreshments to clients, moving onto making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional skills in maths and English (as required)
- Training will take place within your salon of employment on an ongoing basis and also once a week at the Philips Academy in Wakefield City Centre
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, you could progress onto the Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Level 3.
You could become a stylist within a salon or become a self-employed hairdresser.
Hairdressing is a skill that is transferable around the world, opening up job opportunities in different countries.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MRS JANE HIRST
10 KINGSWEAR CRESCENT
PHILIPS HAIR SALONS LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.