Maintenance and Operations Engineering Apprentice PEEL PORTS GROUP LIMITED
Are you looking to kick start your career within the engineering sector? We have two openings for Multi-skilled Engineering Apprentices at the Port of Sheerness. You will be involved in activities such as installation, testing, fault finding and on-going planned maintenance across a wide variety of plant and equipment.
Closing date: 01 May 2023
Additional benefits include, Medi-Cash, Flex-Benefits scheme, 27 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday (paid)
Year 1: college based so timings are in line with college requirements Year 2 onwards: Monday-Friday / 40 hours per week excluding breaks (unpaid) / 2-shift pattern comprising week 1: 6am start time & week 2: 9am start time. Exact shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties will include:
- Preventive Maintenance tasks on mechanical equipment
- Preventive Maintenance tasks on fluid & pneumatic equipment
- Preventive Maintenance tasks on electrical & electronic equipment
- Installation of electrical/mechanical infrastructure
- Reactive Engineering tasks on mechanical equipment
- Reactive Engineering tasks on fluid & pneumatic equipment
- Reactive Engineering tasks on electrical & electronic equipment
- Carry out testing and handover of equipment and plant
- Fault finding on electrical & mechanical infrastructure
- Fabrication of parts and structures for the Port Estate
- Input of essential data to minimise down time on mechanical/electrical infrastructure
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Year 1 of the Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard, the learner will attend four days a week within IPS Rochester workshop completing practical skills (Performing Engineering Operations) and one day a week studying the Technical Certificate.
In Year 2, the Apprentice moves to day-release and will attend IPS one day a week to continue the Technical Certificate. Starting in Year 2 and continuing until completion in Year 4. The Apprentice will continue to receive regular training contact with IPS all throughout the programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is the possibility of a full-time Multi-skilled Engineer position - subject to a suitable vacancy being available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PEEL PORTS GROUP LIMITED
IPS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.