Packaging Development Technologist Degree Apprenticeship Premier Foods
You will assist the Packaging Development Manager in delivering the packaging development strategy. This will include supporting the packaging development process; innovation and sustainability delivery and ideation; value improvement; adherence to Premier Foods’ compliance and external legal standards; and maintaining packaging quality standards.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with some flexibility
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
What you'll be doing:
- Create and develop innovative packaging products in line with Brand Category plans and company ESG targets and strategy. Sell ideas to marketing and then lead the development of these from concept through to implementation.
- Manage the implementation of new packaging specifications and processes within co-packers, which are specifically linked to New Product Development activities, although not exclusively.
- Within the Project Team support / manage (dependent on project size / complexity), the packaging development process including trials (including objectives, outputs / success criteria etc.), new supplier audits, operations briefing, due diligence validation, print runs, process compliance, distribution and retailer handling trials.
- Investigate and communicate new technology developments that could support delivery of innovation and value improvements.
- Manage and develop a positive approach to packaging and machine suppliers to attain new ideas and possible value improvements.
- Identify, prioritise and support implementation of packaging and process value improvement opportunities within co-packed items, and ultimately review the potential to bring items in–house.
- Liaise with the packaging development team and other business functions and maintain an understanding of developments / activities across business teams that may have synergistic opportunities.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The degree award is BSC (Hons) Degree in Packaging Technology.
- Apprentices without level 2 English and Mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment for this apprenticeship.
- You will attend Sheffield Hallam University on block study for a total of 20-25 days per year.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Achievement of the apprenticeship standard leads to recognition as an Accredited Packaging Professional by IOM3.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Maths, Science or Engineering (Grade BBC / Distinction Merit Merit) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
Packaging professional (integrated degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.