Apprentice Gardener - Bletchingdon Park Bletchingdon Park Estate
We are looking for an apprentice gardener to join our team at Bletchingdon Park, which is undergoing major redevelopment. The gardens consist of lawns, water gardens, borders, fruit, and flowers. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a passion in horticulture and countryside and wants to develop a career in a unique garden.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm with a weekend rota. Total hours per week: 40 hours a week
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
20 Apr 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to assisting in the following areas:
- Border work
- Maintaining climbing plants
- Lawn care
- Planting and aftercare of outside containers
- Water garden care
- Leaf clearing
- Glasshouse work
- Care of paved areas
- Use of wide variety of machinery
- Hedge cutting
- Application of pesticides
- Plant propagation
- Vegetable, fruit and cut flower production
- Flower arranging
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 15 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid
- Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides Using Pedestrian HandHeld Equipment
- Level 2 Horticulture Operative Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Continued career development both in-house and college based.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A*-C 9/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Bletchingdon Park Estate
BLETCHINGDON PARK ESTATE
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.